Try these easy, healthy, gluten free lettuce wraps as an appetizer at your next party. Just five-ingredients, fifteen minutes to assemble and tons of flavor.
Here is my new favorite thing about lettuce wraps. If you stick to the smaller (and more tender) inner leaves of bibb lettuce they are the perfect portion for appetizers! And, as I’m perpetually hunting for new and different bread-free appetizer recipes, this makes my heart (and stomach) sing.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Try these Slab Bacon and Apple Lettuce Wrap Appetizers at your next party! #glutenfree” quote=”Virtual sharing is so much easier than IRL.” theme=”style1″]
The first is personal. Bread makes me feel lousy. I will indulge anyway if it’s a really really good loaf but that deserves to be part of the main meal. Slathered with butter. Or to soak up a good stew.
These Slab Bacon and Apple Lettuce Wraps are packed with flavor and some good bacon fat so they’ll take the edge off your hunger without filling you up. They’ll also make sure you don’t get too sloshed during cocktail hour. Bonus!
Pin this Bacon and Apple Lettuce Wraps recipe to your [Appetizers] or [Party] Pinterest boards.
These little guys are also crispy and chewy and salty and sweet and seriously easy to make. Plus, they’re guaranteed to be a hit because BACON. Well, maybe not with the vegetarians. But with everyone else.
An easy, healthy, gluten free appetizer for your next party.
- 8 ounces slab bacon, diced
- 1 juicy red apple cored and diced. Skin on.
- 1 - 2 heads bibb lettuce, depending on size.
- 2 tablespoons 0% plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
Cook diced slab bacon in a small dry skillet. I prefer cast iron for this.
- Rinse and dry lettuce leaves.
In a small bowl, mix yogurt and mustard well.
To assemble, either add some bacon and apple to the cup of lettuce and drizzle with yogurt sauce OR combine bacon, apple and sauce in bowl, mix well, then spoon into lettuce cups.
Top with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serving size will vary according to the size of the lettuce used.
- Calorie information is approximate for one wrap but will vary according to exact ingredients and serving size.
- IMHO there are no better apples for this recipe than jazz apples. I'm seriously crushing on them these days.