Need to be on point this morning? Start it off with this superfood packed acai bowl.
All smoothies are not created equal.
Maybe that’s the wrong way to put it. Really, all DAYS are not created equal. Some days all you need is a little lift and a sippable smoothie like Jasmine Peach or Rooibos Raspberry fills all your needs. But some days. Some days you need to bust a move.
You’ve seen other beautiful pink acai bowls around the internet, no doubt. This isn’t one of them. This one’s brown and it don’t mess around.
To a base of darjeeling tea, one of my favorite black teas, we add a little hemp milk, some avocado, spinach, acai berries, pear and frozen banana. Once it’s all blended up it has the consistency of a loose pudding so it’s really nice to top it with something chewy and something crunchy.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Darjeeling tea + ALLTHESUPERFOODS in this smoothie bowl.” quote=”Ignite your Twitter feed with this smoothie bowl.” theme=”style1″]
All right. Ready? Got an important presentation at work today? Or a big audition? Or a contentious Board meeting to chair? Need to be a lean, mean power machine today? Then this is your breakfast.
- 3 darjeeling tea bags
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup hemp milk or your preferred milk
- 1 small pear leave skin on, chopped
- 1 avocado pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach chopped
- 1 frozen banana chopped
- 1 frozen acai berry smoothie packet
- Add tea bags to boiling water and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and let cool completely.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Top with your favorite nuts and dried fruits.